WordPress is among the most popular platforms used for publishing. WordPress can be used for your personal or commercial blogs and also for your online businesses.
For this purpose, plenty of online tutorials and websites are available to help you with understanding the concepts about WordPress.
Tutorial websites allow you to handle different WordPress problems and improve your overall knowledge about the WordPress.
We have collected 10 best WordPress tutorial sites that provide you proper knowledge on WordPress and its features.
There are plenty of great tutorials available on this site that can properly guide you about how to use the WordPress. It has different categories including: WordPress for the Beginners, Designing your WordPress site, and Website Development.
You can learn the basic knowledge as well as the using the advanced features of WordPress through these tutorials. The website is free of cost and anyone can learn through available tutorials.
Some of their popular tutorials are:
- Introduction to Blogging
- Developing a Color Scheme
- Validating a Website
- Using Themes
- Playing with Fonts
Tuts Plus offers plenty of courses and books but, you can also find tutorials on their website. It is updated frequently, and the quality of the tutorials is excellent.
Most of the tutorials are about WordPress theme development and plugins. All the tutorials are easy to understand, giving the best learning experience to the reader. The tutorials are free of cost and anyone come visit the site to learn from them.
Some of their popular tutorials include:
- Creating Custom Fields
- An Introduction to Keeping WordPress Lean
- Building the Plugin I
- Restore Admin Menu Separators
- List Posts by Post Type
Smashing Magazine is known as one of the most famous design websites online. Many popular WordPress themes have been released under their name.
There are tutorials available for both intermediate and advance level users. Tutorials are free but these are only published once in a month.
Some of popular tutorials include:
- What You Need to Know about WordPress 3.9
- WordPress Performance Improvements That Can Go Wrong
- Better Dependency Management in Team-Based WordPress
- How WordPress Came to Be and Where It’s Heading
- Modifying Admin Post Lists in WordPress
Level up tuts provides a great learning environment related to WordPress. You will find both basic and advanced level tutorials on this site.
The tutorials are available in the form of series. You can choose the one which you like. All the tutorials available on the website are free and anyone can learn from them.
Some of the tutorial series include:
- Magento Community Tutorials
- WordPress Basics
- Customizing WordPress
- Android Development Tutorials
- HTML5 Tutorials
iThemes WordPress tutorials include plenty of video tutorials. Plenty of tutorials are available about customizing the WordPress and styling the website with using CSS. The tutorials available are free of cost.
Some of their famous tutorials include:
- Creating Product Variants in iThemes Exchange
- iThemes Sync Overview
- Exchange Add-on: Custom URL Tracking
- Managing Themes in iThemes Sync
- Exchange Add-on: Featured Video
Wphub provides you everything that you want to know about WordPress. The site offers premium WordPress themes, plugins and hosts. The site also features some high quality tutorials to help out anyone who wants to learn the basics about WordPress.
All the tutorials available on the website are free. You can easily read them.
Some of the most popular tutorials that Wphub features include;
- WordPress, Linux Server and Database Options
- Creating a Responsive Navigation Menu in WordPress
- Making a Simple Theme
- Understanding the WordPress Plugin API
- How to Configure a WordPress Theme
Wpmudev contains all sorts of tutorials related to WordPress, large and small, simple and complex. You will find the range from beginners to the expert levels.
All the tutorials are absolutely free and you can easily read them. The tutorial articles are divided into different parts because of the length of articles.
Some of the popular tutorials are:
- Focus Your WordPress Front Page
- The Most Overlooked Route To A Successful WordPress Site
- Keep Unsatisfied Visitors from Leaving Your WordPress Site
- Give Your WordPress Site Security
- Display Your WordPress Posts in a Facebook-Style Timeline
Digwp is a perfect way to learn about WordPress. The blog provides quick tips, and copy and pastable codes.
Along with all these, tutorials are also provided so that everyone can learn the most basic and advanced stuff about WordPress. The tutorials are free and you can easily go to the site to learn from them.
Some of the popular tutorials include:
- Backup and Restore Theme Options
- H5 Theme Update
- Disable Default Dashboard Widgets
- Getting Background Updates to Work
- DIY Alternative to WordPress SEO Plugins
Wpbeginner allows you to extend your power about WordPress. This provides step-by-step WordPress tutorials that are very easy to understand and follow the best practices of the WordPress.
Their WordPress tutorials contain real-life examples, tips, and hacks that allows you to learn WordPress faster. The tutorials are free of cost. You can easily go and read them.
Some of the popular tutorials are:
- How to Install WordPress on a USB Stick Using XAMPP
- How to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Remove the Login Shake Effect in WordPress
- How to Prevent YouTube from Overriding Your WordPress Content
- How to Insert Ads within Your Post Content in WordPress
10. WP Squared
WP Squared is a blog for WordPress but contains many tutorials for the readers. The tutorials are focused on configuring plugins and themes for the website. All the tutorials are available in the form of guides which are in excellent quality.
All the tutorials are free and you can read them to improve your WordPress understanding.
Some of the tutorials include:
- How to Survey Your Readers with a Google Forms-powered Survey
- Manage Multiple Sites for Free with MainWP
- How to Sell Digital Downloads with WordPress
- Power-Up your WordPress Sidebars and Widgets
- Add a Table of Contents and In-Post Pagination to WordPress
You can learn all you want related to WordPress from these tutorials. The purpose of these tutorials is to improve your knowledge about WordPress so that you can achieve the most out of it.
I hope you found the article useful. Share it with others as well. If you want to add more websites to the list, just write them in the below comment section.
In this section we will represent some more website where you can further improve your knowledge of WordPress.
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure about affiliate links here.