Are you a fan of silhouette photos? I am. Wikipedia defines silhouette as:
An image of a person, an object or scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior, with the silhouetted object usually being black.
I find them amazing for with just the background and the subject itself, it already gives a creative feeling of drama, emotion and mystery. And to inspire you with these silhouette photos, I have rounded up here 60 beautiful silhouette photos you may found on Deviantart. Have fun!
1. Silhouette Camouflage by: vjun
2. Silhouette by: Zee-Wylde
3. Silhouette of Love by: ando-san
4. Sunset Silhouette by: asininechani
5. Silhouette by: TchaikovskyCF
6. Under the Silhouette by: bkm
7. Silhouette by: KmFiske13
8. Silhouette of a Horse by: attlid
9. Silhouette by: AliceFoxxx
10.Silhouette by: Damascena
13.Silhouette by: JumpyMonky
14.Silhouette by: Cogito-Ergo-Doleo
15. Silhouette by: lBO7l
16. Method Silhouette by: jahno-pictures
17. Silhouette by: Adynamia
19. Silhouette by: carolynbkh
20. Silhouette by: kalaspuff
21. Silhouette by: IndianRain
22. Witch Silhouette by: primalx
23. Sunset Silhouette by: andrewapuya
25. 1st Silhouette Practice by: emman03
26. Silhouette by: 7LM
29. Summer’s Silhouette by: TheAcolyte
30. Sunset Silhouette by: matinee
31. Photographer Silhouette by: iky22
32. Sunset Silhouette by: chik1117
33. On A Silhouette Day II by: Aurrum
34. Silhouette by: iPingu
36. Silhouette by: RauchBleich
37. Dancing Silhouette by: leelloor
38. Dancing Silhouette by: Hawke9387
39. Silhouette by: Glambition
40. Silhouette by: tasharose
41. Silhouette by: m3tzgore
42. Silhouette by: nikolinelr
44. Silhouette by: marcoTJ
45. Silhouette by: EpicNeutral
46. Scaffolding Silhouette by: Ryser915
47. Jessica’s Silhouette by: HowNowVihao
48. A Silhouette by: nickeeer
49. Silhouette by: v3terinarius
50. Silhouette by: oZM1N
51. Silhouette by: ol1nk
52. Silhouette by: pink-and-overrated
53. Silhouette Cycle by: indie-cisive
54. Silhouette by: barns
55. –silhouette-– by: D—N—Y
56. Silhouette by: chuscli
57. Silhouette by: gocer-art
58. Silhouette by: CKing
59. Silhouette by: theendlessphoto
60. Silhouette by: slumberingxheart
Did you enjoy in browsing on these beautiful silhouette photos? Before you leave, I will be giving you simple tips to capture good silhouette photos.
Tips: How To Capture Good Silhouette Photos
Choose a good subject that you want to be blacked out or in silhouette. Make sure the subject that you choose should have a strong and clear outline.
Make sure the background you choose is brighter than the subject itself. And if possible, no light should fall on your subject or a little light may do.
Get your light right by putting it at back of your subject. For instance your source of light is the sun, make sure it is behind your chosen subject. Notice on the round ups above, the light source are behind each subject.
Right exposure is equal to good silhouette photography. If you are in doubt with the exposure, adjust the exposure of the camera you are using. Shooting in different angles also will help in getting the right exposure.
Keep your photos as simple as possible. Put your subject where it will stand out from the rest of the objects on the background. If you are shooting a person or a group of people, it can help if they will pose in a position that the whole outline of the body will be captured well in details.
GET EXCLUSIVE WORDPRESS & BUSINESS TIPS
Enter your email to join with 1WD in 2016. We will send you only the best content as well as special subscriber only tips to supercharge your WordPress website and how to succeed as freelance designer!